Made it to San Pedro de Atacama



I know its been a while but we have been wandering the desert in nothern Chile for over a week with no internet. So we are finally catching up.  We took a flight from Santiago on August 10 to Calama in northern Chile and from there we had to take a bus to Atacama.  It was mostly uneventful except for the wait at the bus station.  While we were sitting outside the station a few women came and asked for money and as usually Mareen and I said no.  Then a lady came with her kids and asked for food.  So me being the nice guy that I am gave her a pear. Then she asked for more from Mareen and we obliged.  Next she wanted to "bless" me for the food but with my money.  I kept saying no and then she actually reached into my pocket and grabbed some money.  That's when I took back my money and grabbed all my stuff and ran into the bus station for protection. Yes running is the best defence :-)  I don't regret giving food to the kids but those were some aggressive women. Yes that's a picture of me hiding in the safety of the bus station.





2 comments:

  1. Amazing photos. Look forward to seeing more. Wishing you both the best always. Safe travels. Oss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought a guy who knows Jiu Jitsu and who can bring down the likes of Mukunthan and Denon will run scared. I can see how terrifying it was from the look in your eyes.

    ReplyDelete