Seafood Delight


The Mercado Central is where you see tourists, shoppers and a slew of seafood restaurants and fish mongers. You can even buy sea urchin but I'm not ready to tackle that one just yet. The first time I bought fish from the Mercado Central, I had no idea what I was buying. The second time we went, we bought a large fish called Sierra, which was cleaned and filleted for us. I roasted several fillets with vegetables and made two different fish soups with some of the bones. Interestingly, Chileans don't eat a lot of seafood at home, its mostly chicken and red meat and rice or potatoes But there are many seafood restaurants so even if they don't make it at home, they do eat out.











2 comments:

  1. Looks good. Did you guys try the seafood restaurant yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ate at two different restaurants and you get a lot of seafood on you plate. I ordered a soup and I'm not sure of some of the the stuff in it but it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete